International Driver License
A driver,s license issued in the United States won’t be recognized when traveling abroad as a permit to operate a vehicle. If you have a valid U.S. driver’s license, obtaining an International Driving Permit (IDP) is a simple process. The IDP is recognized by most governments as a valid permit to drive a motorcycle, car, or other vehicle.
International Driver License Requirements
Passport Photo Requirements
Need the following documents
- Photocopy of current valid driver license.
- Applicants photo in color with blank background (it can’t be the same photo used in your current driving permit).
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Application form filled out and signed.
- The application process takes about 24 hrs.
- Depending on your shipping choice, within the US you can receive your license within 2 to 5 business days.
- International shipping takes about 3 to 6 business days.
Fee / Prices And Options
- One Year – USD 39.99
- Two Years – USD 54.99
- Three Years – USD 69.99
Shipping And Delivery Options
- FREE – Continental USA: 6-10 business days (no tracking number)
- USD 15 – USA Express: 3-4 business days
- USD 35 – USA Express Delivery and Processing: 2-3 business days
- USD 35 – WORLDWIDE: 4-8 business days
International Driver’s License Includes
The International Driver,s License includes the non-governmental ID card with mobile translation technology and the high quality leather translation booklet in 9 languages.
To Provide Application Form
- Colour ID Photo
- Front of License
- Back of License
Will I need to take a driving test?
No test is required.
What is the minimum age to obtain an International Driver License?You must be 18-years of age or older.
What countries recognize an IDP as a valid document to operate a vehicle?
See the full list of countries that allow travelers to use an international driver’s license here
How long is the IDP good for?
Your international driver’s license will be good for 1 year from the issue date.