How it works in three simple steps?
STEP 1Fill out your ONLINE forms and gather the required documents mentioned below
STEP 2Submit required documents in person or by mail
STEP 3Receive your Passport.
How to Apply -Steps
- You will need to provide a completed DS-11 passport application form Department of State’s passport portal.
- Note:Print a copy of the unsigned DS-11 (passport form) This will be included with your Passport and Visa Express order form
- You will need to provide a completed passport application form
You must provide one color, passport-type photograph. The photograph must:
- Be printed on photo paper
- Have a white background
- Be two inches by two inches
- Have been taken within the last six months
- Taken without glasses, if applicable
- The United States Passport Office has issued a guide on the correct format for photographs. Consult the guide if you have questions:
Download Passport Photo Guidelines
You must provide a copy (front & back) of one of the following:
- A state-issued Driver’s License
- An alternative form of state or government-issued I.D.
You must provide evidence of United States citizenship as one of the following:
- An original state-issued birth certificate, showing the full names of the applicant’s parent(s). The short version may not be accepted.
- An original Certificate of Naturalization
- A previously issued, undamaged expired US passport
Please provide evidence that international travel will be taken within two weeks. Proof of your departure may be either:
- A computer generated flight itinerary
- A letter on business letterhead paper, addressed to the US Department of State, detailing your upcoming international travel dates and signed by your employer
- If your current name is different than the name printed on your birth certificate or expired passport, you must submit your original marriage certificate or court decree as evidence of your name change.
You must complete the Passport Authorization Letter contained in this passport application .
Supply one original and one additional copy. Your completed letter must include:
- Answers for all required fields. Answers must all be handwritten (typed answers will be rejected by the State Department)
- The name of the company displayed in this letter’s upper-right corner logo, written in the field “Courier Company Name”
- Your signature in blue or black ink
- The US Passport Authorization Letter requires you to check Option 1 and check one of the remaining options. Do not check all 3 boxes.
- Take your documents to your local post office to be witnessed, signed, and sealed. Do not open this envelope once sealed. You can find a complete list of local agencies at http://iafdb.travel.state.gov
- The Passport Agency Deputy will charge an execution fee of $35
Who can Apply
To obtain a U.S. Passport Card, you must be able to answer yes to the following conditions:
- I am a US Citizen
- I am traveling from the United States to Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean, or Mexico
- I am not traveling by air